Thursday 13 March 2014

Cuts, burns and wounds that are made in moulds

Cuts and Burns
 

 
When  creating a burned, cut effect I used
  • Mouldin gelatin
  • Laytex
  • Tissues
It is all harmless to the skin
When using gelatin, you will need to melt down the gelatin by heating the gelatin in a microwave by putting cubs of gelatin in a dish or in a bowl of cold water then into a microwave ( just be aware on how hot it can get), as you won't want to burn the models skin by over heating it. You should only microwave the gelatin for 60 seconds and the less gelatin you have in the bottle the less seconds you will need to heat up.
Gelatin gives shine creating a real look effect and a sticky gory texture. 
 You can get different colours of gelatin, you can even use it as a body art by drawing with it. You don't have to prepare the skin and once it is dry you can even apply make up on top of the gelatin by creating a more defined look. By using warm water you will remove the gelatin and you can also even use it on the hair it doesn't have to just be used on the skin. 
 
Creating the burn, cut effect
 
I started by ripping tissue paper into small bits and only using the middle parts rather than the corners and sharp parts of the tissue as it gives a different texture that doesn't look as great as by using only the middle parts it looks like the skin is lifting naturally. I then used laytex to secure the tissue onto the skin and I carried on applying tissue paper and laytexting it around the edges only as I wanted a lift effect and applying latex all over would only just smooth it down, once I was happy with the amount of tissue paper I had applied onto my models arm I then started mixing a dark red with blue together on the back of my hand to create a dark bruised colour effect once I was happy with the colour that I created for my bruising. I then by using a angle brush stared going around the edges of the tissue paper by creating a sour looking effect by shading it and also opening up the tissue creating a cut look effect and adding colour inside the rip of the paper, once I was happy with my shading I then started adding gelatin for gory, messy, burn, shine. For the final touches I added some blood onto the open lifted bits of tissue paper that I opened up to create a burst, burn effect for a more real look effect.   
 
 
 
Wounds made with moulds
 
Download photo 5.JPG (649.1 KB)Download photo 4.JPG (486.8 KB)Download photo 2.JPG (496.2 KB)Download photo 3.JPG (564.4 KB)Download photo 1.JPG (548.4 KB)
 
  • Gelatin used in the moulds
  • You can apply gelac, laytex and use it in the moulds!
  • Once you have created the mouldes you then powder it very well using a big round brush and use a small pin to remove it, if you would like to use the moulds.
  • You then stick it on with pro-aide and you also remove it with pro-aide remover.
  • You can make around a million different shaped and sizes
  • You melt away the gelatin away with warm water
  • Acetone will melt away gelatin with warm water.
  •  you can even colour over the using pallets and can add blood, you can paint it onto the skin and add more gelatin wouldas it be great to useit for a film that has bullets in.
  • You can use it for fashion if you wanted to create a scar effect
  • For a faster time you could use a hairdryer, you can apply laytex in the fridge.
 
  • remove grease with surgical spirit on the area you would like to apply the gelatin mould.
  • Pros-aide applied to prostate making sure you get all the edges very pressed in, baby bud roll it in get all the air out of it.
  • wait till its dry
  • blend away the edges, using a cotton bud and warm water
  • add a powder after it is dryed.
  •   


No comments:

Post a Comment